Liturgical Year - Individual Volumes Only - Slightly Defective
By Abbot Dom Gueranger, O.S.B.
Translated from the French by Dom Laurence Shepherd, O.S.B. Imprimatur, 1910.
The Sacred Liturgy is the life-blood of the Church, the society dedicated to the praise of God and the salvation of souls. From it all men draw life as from life’s source and through it they attain their final end. As the eager and devoted Catholic follows the liturgy and Dom Guernger’s incomparable commentary on it throughout the year, he will receive all the instruction he needs in Catholic doctrine, in dogma, in the Mysteries of the Faith, in the Church’s most venerable traditions, in world history, the history of the Church and liturgical history, in devotion and in other practices of the Church, while at the same time praying the prayer of the Church, the prayer that, as Dom Gueranger writes, “is most pleasing to the ear and heart of God, and therefore the most efficacious of all prayers.” St. Therese of Lisieux immersed herself in this book growing up and look what she became! Readers of these volumes frequently comment that they are worth their weight in gold. There is no better way to sideline the distractions of the world, the flesh and the devil than immersion in the life of the Church. Finally, (from the Preface) “We beg to remind our readers, that in a work like the present, the success of the writer is absolutely dependent up the holy Spirit …We venture therefore to ask the children of the Church, who desire to see her prayer loved and used above all others, to aid us by recommending our work to God, that so our unworthiness may not be an obstacle to what we have undertaken, and which we feel to be so much above our strength."
Colors on covers may be varying shades of original color and some are cut incorrectly, may have dings in cover from storage.
Save 20% 30% - Up to 50% - off of regular retail prices shown below for comparison:
- N-LY1-$21.87 Vol 1 (Advent to Christmas Eve) - Advent (cut wrong)
- N-LY2-$20.68 Vol 2 (Christmas to January 5th) - Christmas Volume 1 (creasing on spine)
- N-LY3-$24.50 Vol 3 (Epiphany to February 2nd) - Christmas Volume 2 (cut wrong)
- N-LY4-$16.89 Vol 4 - Septuagesima
- N-LY6-$27.69 Vol 6 - Passiontide and Holy Week (pages 30 & 31 are missing)
- N-LY7-$16.50 Vol 7 - Paschal Time Vol 1
- N-LY11-$21.74 Vol 11 - Time After Pentecost Vol 2
- N-LY12-$23.32 Vol 12 - Time After Pentecost Vol 3
- N-LY13-$21.34 Vol 13 - Time After Pentecost Vol 4
- N-LY14-$19.62 Vol 14 - Time After Pentecost Vol 5
- N-LY15-$18.70 Vol 15 - Time After Pentecost Vol 6
$20.68, save $6.20
VolumeVol 1 - Advent, Vol 2 - Christmas Vol 1, Vol 3 - Christmas Vol 2, Vol 7 - Pachal Time Book 1, Vol 11 - Time After Pentecost Vol 2, Vol 12 - Time After Pentecost Vol 3, Vol 14 - Time After Pentecost Vol 5, Vol 15 - Time After Pentecost Vol 6, Vol 8 - Paschal Time Book 2, Vol 6 - Passiontide and Holy Week, Vol 13 - Time After Pentecost Book 4, Vol 4 - Septuagesima, 15 Volume Set