A Catholic Child's Picture Dictionary
By Ruth Hannon.
Illustrated by Ted Chaiko.
Imprimatur 1956, 58 page book.
A Catholic Child’s Picture Dictionary has been planned as a first dictionary for the young Catholic to use at home or in school. This beautifully illustrated and easy-to-read book will be an invaluable tool to aid the child in his search for the exact meanings of religious terms and in their understanding of the Catholic faith. Among the many attractive features of this book are:
- Definitions of more than 400 words of Catholic interest.
- Simple words, short sentences, and large type that make the book easy to read.
- More than 350 beautiful, full-color pictures that aid the child’s understanding of the definitions.
- Emphasis throughout on Catholic practices in daily life.
- A carefully selected list of words chosen from Catholic sources: prayers, Bible stories, the catechism, and Catholic school books.
- Facts concerning the life of our Lord.
- Interesting text that defines words, encourages the child to read, guides them to correct spellings, and aids them in creative writing.
- Explanations of important truths of the Catholic religion.
- Simplicity of arrangement that introduces the young reader to the mysteries